Vortex The Ultimate Optics Guide to Rifle Shooting - Reference Book
The Ultimate Optics Guide to Rifle Shooting walks you through each step of the process on how to use your optical rifle scope to its maximum potential. A complete and comprehensive guide to using your rifle scope in the field or on the range. The optical rifle scope has been in use for more than one hundred years, but it’s not until now that a book has come along to teach the shooter how to truly use it. Law Enforcement and Military Snipers, competition shooters and hunters, this book will raise your shooting skills to a whole new level of effectiveness.
With illustrations and full description of each facet of the operation of the rifle scope this book is a must for anyone who uses an optic on a firearm. The author speaks to you in a language that every shooter can understand and gives you real world examples of its uses.
Soft cover book (150mm x 230mm x 10mm)
Table of Contents
- The purpose of the Rifle Scope
- Parts of The Rifle Scope
- Different Scope Reticles
- Quality of Glass
- First and Second Focal Plane Scopes
- Turret Dials and How to Read Them
- Internal Adjustment
- Different Units of Measurement
- Magnification and Field of Vision
- The Proper Method od Adjusting The Scope Dials
- Care and Maintenance
- Key Points To Remember
- Proper Setup
- Scope Setup
- Bullet Drop
- Minute of Angle
- Using Milliradiands (MRADS) To Zero
- Rounding Off Shooting Minute Of Angle (SMOA)
- Zeroing at Different Ranges
- Tricks for Zeroing at CLoser Distances (50 Yards)
- MOA Practice Questions - Different Ranges
- Making Corrections Using Milliradiands (MRADS)
- Converting between MRADS and MOA
- "Slipping Scales" after Zeroing
- The "Clean Cold Bore" And More
- Bore Sighting
- Key Points to Remember
- Making A Choice
- Using the Reticle as a Tape Measure
- Range Finding Using The Reticle
- To HOld or To Dial?
- Measuring Unknown Objects/ Targets
- "Shoot to Calculate": Calculating Unknown Bullet Drop at Distance
- One-shot Field Corrections
- Red Dot and Prism Scopes
- The Bullet Drop Compensating Reticle (BDC)
- Which Optic is Right For You?
- Ammunition And Its Effect On Your Scope
- Helpful Hints
- Quick Reference Guide
- Q & A
- Range Equipment Checklist
- How Well Do You Know Your Scope
- Take the Scope Test!
ATP is an authorised Australian dealer for Vortex. All Vortex products bought from ATP are covered by the Australian Vortex VIP Warranty
Our warranty is about you, not us. It's about taking care of you after the sale.
The VIP stands for a Very Important Promise to you, our customers. We will repair or replace your Vortex product in the event it becomes damaged or defective—at no charge to you other then return post from you to us. It doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it. You can count on the VIP Warranty for all riflescopes, red dots, rangefinders, binoculars, spotting scopes and monoculars.
- Unlimited Lifetime Warranty
- Fully transferable
- No warranty card to fill out
- No receipt needed to hang on to
If you ever have a problem, no matter the cause, we promise to take care of you.
The VIP warranty does not cover loss, misuse, theft or deliberate damage to the product.
We Also Recommend